We Can't Wait to Meet You!
An admissions open house was once the primary way that families learned about a school, but today, it's easy to find most information without leaving your home. But online research, while valuable, simply can't replace a face-to-face introduction. It's important to interact with students, faculty, and staff to get a real sense of the culture. Don’t forgo your chance for an authentic first impression, join us at an open house! Here are four reasons you'll be glad you did.
#1 Feel the Energy of Our Community
What is it like to be a Severn Admiral? It’s a feeling of being known and valued
, being part of our community from the first moment you walk in the door. That feeling of belonging — the energy of our school — is something that can’t be captured online. Come meet us, you’ll see.
#2 Meet Our Admissions Team
With decades of experience at our school and the surrounding communities, our admissions team is the Severn School welcome wagon! They can answer your questions (even if you’re not sure which ones to ask!) and share a bit of Severn history along the way. Come to an open house and meet the folks that will guide you through the application process
. The sooner you meet them, the sooner they will become a valuable resource and support for your family.
#3 See Severn School in Action (Lower School)
Our Lower School open houses are scheduled during school hours for a reason! You’ll take a personal campus tour with a current faculty member or parent to see what we look like day to day, with full classrooms and bustling hallways. You’ll meet our teachers, see classes in action, and explore Chesapeake Campus from head to toe including our:
- Newly renovated Louise Sivy Theater, a full-size theater complete with professional lighting and sound systems
- Outdoor learning spaces including our Early School courtyard, natural playground, tot lot and trike path, tailor-made to nurture discovery and play outdoors
- Maker Lab with whirring 3D printers, a wind tunnel machine, Blue-bots, littleBits, Lego Robotics, Arduinos and MaKey MaKeys, iPads, laptops, Rigamajig building sets and more
#4 Get the Full Scope of Our Program (Middle and Upper School)
We intentionally plan this two-hour event to highlight the many different voices that make up our school. You’ll explore Teel Campus including:
- State of the art Graw Innovation Center, more than 4,000 square feet of dedicated space for students and staff to collaborate, create and connect in new ways of design, thinking, and building
- Zimmerman Library with floor-to-ceiling windows and a diverse collection of literature for grades 6-12
- Edward St. John Athletic Center, a 44,000 square foot multi-purpose field house equipped with basketball courts, fitness center, training center, two turf fields, two pristine bermuda grass fields, and access to two full-time, licensed athletic trainers
As we guide you around campus, you’ll hear students, coaches, and teachers share their perspectives on life at Severn. From academics and leadership to athletics and the arts, you’ll learn why every child has an opportunity to find their voice in our community.
Are You Ready? Join us!
Most of all, we want you to get a sense of Severn School culture and begin to picture yourself as part of our community. Join us for an open house and begin your Severn story.
October 16, 2019: Lower School Open House for Severn Alumni (9-11am on Chesapeake Campus)
October 17, 2019: Lower School Open House (9-11am on Chesapeake Campus)
November 6, 2019: Middle and Upper School Open House (7-9pm on Teel Campus)