Don’t Miss These Important 2019-2020 Dates
Choosing the right school for your family is a big decision. And it's one that should be made with as much helpful information as possible. If you are thinking about applying to Severn this year or are just interested in learning more about our community, add these important dates to your calendar.
Severn School Open Houses
There’s a difference between knowing about
a school and really getting to know the community. You can learn about Severn through our website and recommendations from friends and family, but the best way to feel the energy of our school is to visit.
Our admissions open houses offer a chance for you and your family to become acquainted with our classrooms and campus, meet our teachers, learn information about financial assistance, and ask any other questions you may have about Severn. Most importantly, you’ll get a sense of Severn School culture and begin to picture yourself as part of our community.
October 16, 2019: Lower School Open House for Severn Alumni (9-11am on Chesapeake Campus)
October 17, 2019: Lower School Open House (9-11am on Chesapeake Campus)
November 6, 2019: Upper and Middle School Open House (7-9pm on Teel Campus)
November 21, 2019: Lower School Open House (6:30-8:30pm on Chesapeake Campus)
- January 17, 2020: Lower School Open House (9-11 am on Chesapeake Campus)
We want every family to learn as much about Severn as possible before making their choice. Part of our mission is to know and value each and every member of our community. And even if you’re only thinking about applying to Severn, we count you as part of that community.
Attending an open house is a great way to introduce yourselves to Severn and start the conversation about the admission process.
Important Application Deadlines
Once you’re ready to start the application process, keep in mind these deadlines as you prepare throughout the year.
- November 1, 2019: Early application deadline for alumni, siblings and faculty families
- December 2, 2019: Complete Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) by this date; all other materials due (transcripts, recommendations, interview)
- January 15, 2020: Regular application deadline
- January 27, 2020: Complete Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) by this date; all other materials due (transcripts, recommendations, interview)
Questions? Ask us!
- For preschool (age 3) through fifth grade, email or call Stacy Arnold at 410-647-7701 x 2023
- For grades 6-12 email or call Ms. Wanda Ned at 410-647-7701 x 2265