Students must be in dress code from arrival at school until the end of the school day. The responsibility of adhering to the guidelines that follow rests with students and their parents; however, members of the faculty and the dean of students will respond to students who violate the guidelines. Responses include but are not limited to the following:
- Maroon card(s)
- Confiscation of item of clothing
- Requirement to check with a member of the faculty each morning
- Phone call to parents
- On free dress days, students must wear clothing that is reasonable and appropriate for an academic day.
With the exception of the girls’ kilts, which MUST be purchased through Flynn & O'Hara (www.flynnandohara.com
) or obtained through the Used Uniform Shop, all other uniform items may be purchased from Flynn and O‘Hara, Land‘s End, Target (or similar) or the Used Uniform Shop at Severn as long as they meet the requirements described herein.
Occasions for the Dress Uniform
In addition to field trips and announced special occasions, students must wear the dress uniform on the following occasions:
- The Honor Code Assembly
- NHS/Cum Laude Society Induction Assembly
- Fall Athletic Awards Assembly
- Winter Athletic Awards Assembly
- Founder‘s Day Assembly
- Veterans Day Assembly
- Fine Arts Awards Assembly
- Activities/Service Awards Assembly
- Spring Athletic Awards Assembly
- Academic Awards Assembly
- Athletic Hall of Fame Induction Assembly
- Any occasion deemed appropriate by the Upper School head
In addition, Severn School reserves the right to amend the uniform dress code during the academic year.