Severn School seeks to attract, retain, and support faculty and staff who embrace the mission of our school:
Severn School challenges its students to pursue excellence in character, conduct, and scholarship, to marshal the courage to lead, and to develop the lasting desire to serve and achieve. We believe this is best realized in a community where adults model these qualities and where each student is known and valued.
Severn School offers competitive salaries and benefits in a rewarding family atmosphere working with children in grades PS through 12. Severn School is an equal opportunity employer.Severn School is located approximately six miles from Annapolis on two separate campuses in Arnold and Severna Park, Maryland. The Teel Campus, housing Severn's Middle and Upper Schools, is a
19-acre campus is in the heart of Severna Park, a quaint little town composed of 43,000 residents and hundreds of thriving businesses. Severna Park is located between the Severn River and the Magothy River and is highly regarded as a waterfront, family-friendly community. The Chesapeake Campus, which is home to Severn's Lower School, is 2 miles down the road in Arnold Maryland.
122 full- and part-time faculty members allow for the small 10-to-1 student-to-teacher ratio and the average class size of 14. New faculty are enrolled in a mentoring program that assists them in acclimating to our community as well as allowing time for reflection on issues related to being a teacher. All employees are supported by the appropriate division head, the academic dean, as well as department chairs and peer mentors.
Each full-time faculty and staff member is eligible for 50 percent tuition remission for children admitted to the School.
Faculty are encouraged to pursue professional development. Severn School assists employees in paying 75 percent of tuition costs for education which maintains or improves skills required for the employee’s current position or meets express requirements imposed by the School as a condition for employment.
Those applicants interested in applying for a faculty/staff position at Severn School should submit a letter of interest along with their resume as instructed in the open position postings.
Help Desk Technician - A/V Coordinator
This 12-month position reports to the Director of Information Technology and provides direct technical support to faculty, staff, administration, and students. The Help Desk Technician is the first point of contact for faculty, staff, and students seeking assistance with technology issues. The applicant is expected to have the skills required to provide secure, efficient, and responsive support for hardware, software, and classroom technologies utilized by the school. The applicant will also be the lead person responsible for all audio/visual needs on campus. This includes the support, setup and maintenance of projectors and sound systems. This includes helping teachers in the classrooms, meetings and special events. Working knowledge and basic network understanding (LAN, DHCP, DNS,) required along with experience supporting iOS, Apple OS, Microsoft Windows, Office, Active Directory, Mobile Device Management software and Mac experience preferred. Strong analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills are necessary. Work experience should include at least 2 years within a help desk or customer support role. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Primary responsibility is user support and customer service.
- Be available to users requiring technical assistance via e-mail, phone, and in-person.
- Primary support, maintenance and repair of iPads, iMacs, PC’s, laptops, computer labs and printers.
- Follow standard help desk operating procedures, which include tracking and resolution of all issues.
- Support faculty and staff with A/V equipment for classroom use as well as school functions and events.
- Work with Network Engineer and members of the IT department on projects such as network troubleshooting and hardware deployments.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Information Technology.
- BA in Computer Science or a related field and 2 + years prior experience in IT.
- In lieu of degree, combination of directly related experience and/or education totaling four years may be considered.
- Apple certifications a plus.Friendly presence and helpful attitude; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
- Good problem solving skills; ability to analyze, diagnose, and solve issues quickly and accurately, and independently research solutions.
- Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; be able to prioritize effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
- Ability to translate technical terms into non-technical language.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of Apple OS and Apple iOS operating systems and common educational apps.
Upper School History Teacher
Severn School is seeking a full time History teacher for the 2015-16 school year. The position includes teaching sections of AP European History to sophomores and seniors, teaching eleventh grade US history, and perhaps teaching an elective. Instruction at Severn emphasizes understanding, connections, and teamwork. Candidates are expected to integrate technology into the curriculum as Severn is a 1-to-1 ipad school. Additional duties will include serving as an advisor to a group of students, serving as a club advisor or coach, and attending department and school-wide meetings and events. The ideal candidate will have a degree in History and prior teaching experience in an independent school. The ideal candidate will be committed to contributing to life in an active independent school. Interested candidates should send a resume or CV, a cover letter explaining interest and qualifications, and the names of three references to Beatrice R. Fuller, Upper School Head, firstname.lastname@example.org
Music Teachers For Applied Music Lessons Program
Severn School, an independent, coed, day school for grades PK-12 located in Severna Park, seeks experienced music teachers to teach one to three afternoons a week at the school - especially piano, flute, trumpet, and sax/clarinet. Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.