|Upper School Z-Club Variety Show|
Location: Price Auditorium
Upper Schoolers are going to rock your world at the annual Upper School Variety Show, Friday, February 27, at 7:00p in Price Auditorium. The event is hosted by Severn’s Z-Club, which selected Light House, a homeless prevention support center in Annapolis, as the beneficiary of the event.
Talented Upper School students will entertain you with musical acts, magic acts, poetry readings, dancing, and so much more! Tickets are $5, and they are sold at the door only. There will be also baked goods and drinks sold at the concession stand. Come and support your friends and Light House.
|Grandfriends' Day at the Lower School |
8:30 AM to 11:00 AM
LS Grandfriends' Day: 4/3
One of our favorite days is coming up soon! Invitations will be mailed to LS parents and grandfriends this month for the Severn LS Grandfriends' Day, which will take place on Friday, April 3.
Do we have your grandfriend's address? Not sure?
Please send the following no later than Monday 2/23
to Alison Hall
so we can be certain to invite your child's grandparent or grandfriend:
- the name of your grandparent or grandfriend
- his/her/their mailing address
- the name of your student(s)
The Schedule for Friday, April 3
- 7:45a – Shuttle buses from Jones Station Road Park and Ride begin. Shuttle buses will be provided from the Park and Ride at the intersection of Baltimore Annapolis Boulevard and Jones Station Road. Shuttles will begin running at 7:45am and will continue to run throughout the morning for transportation to and from campus. Parking on campus is not available due to extremely limited space constraints. Please call the School in advance if parking is required on campus for grandparents with special needs.
- 7:45 – 8:30a – Arrival and refreshments
- 8:30a – Welcome to Severn’s Lower School
- 8:45a – Student performance
- 9:30 – 11:00a – Classroom visits, tours and faculty introductions
IMPORTANT NOTATION: If your child(ren) will be leaving school with his/her Grandfriend on April 3, and if that individual is not on the list of adults authorized to pick up your child(ren), you must inform the School of your intent by providing his/her name to Ms. Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, but no later than 9:00a on April 3.
|2015 Astle Speaker Céline Cousteau: Inspiration from Exploration|
Register for event
2015 Astle Speaker Céline Cousteau
Severn School is delighted to announce that this year's Astle Lecture speaker is Céline Cousteau
, the daughter of ocean explorer Jean-Michel Cousteau and granddaughter of legendary explorer and filmmaker Jacques Cousteau.
Cousteau will talk with students during the school day on Tuesday, April 14,
and then address the community at large that evening beginning at 7:30p i
n the Edward St. John Athletic Center. The event is free and open to the public. Attendees must register through the school’s website.
As one of the premier environmental speakers in the industry, Cousteau brings wit, wisdom, and insight, showing all audiences why the Earth and its unique ecosystems deserve every citizen's respect and attention.
Cousteau will tell stories from her many explorations forging her own trail on unique solo expeditions. Sharing her unique personal photographs, she captivates audiences with her incredible voyages into the deep.
|Severn School Auction - All Bets on Severn: 4/18|
Mark your calendar for the evening of Saturday, April 18, for a fun night with a purpose.
All Bets on Severn, the APA’s largest fundraiser of the year, brings together parents, alumni, staff and friends for special night of fun and fundraising. This year’s event is especially significant for our community as it marks the first auction of our Chesapeake and Teel Campuses together as one school. This year’s fabulous event will be held under tent at our Chesapeake Campus.
How can you help?
- Most importantly, plan on attending! Invitations—including an early-bird discounted ticket -- will be mailed later this month and available online through the web site.
- The auction committee is also looking for donations to support the event. A range of items from vacation homes, restaurant gift certificates, and more will be included in the auction. To make a donation or sponsor an event, please click on the following links:
We look forward to seeing you in April!