|Freedom from Chemical Dependency Parent Info Night|
Location: Roche Lecture Hall
Parents, have you ever asked yourself...
- What do I do if my child tells me a friend is using drugs?
- What are the current trends in teen drug use?
- Do I have to be worried about my child or her friends abusing prescription drugs?
- What are the warning signs that a teen is abusing drugs?
- How do my behaviors influence my child's choice to use or not use drugs and alcohol?
- Where do the main pressures on kids to use drugs originate?
- What do I say to my child about my own drug or alcohol use?
- My child has experimented with drugs or alcohol in the past. How do I help her abstain in the future?
- What should I do about the issue of drinking and driving?
- How do I help my child develop refusal skills?
- My child is too young to be concerned about drugs or alcohol. How do I help her stay substance free?
Get accurate, up to date answers to these questions and more at the Freedom from Chemical Dependency Parent Information Night on Tuesday, February 3 at 7:00p.
This evening is open to ALL Severn parents and is separate from the mandatory event for freshman and at least on one parent the following week.
We hope many parents from our community will join FCD Presenter, Rodney Poole, in Roche Lecture Hall (located on the first floor of Creeden, Teel Campus) for this important conversation. Rodney will have information to share and also welcomes questions from the audience. Questions about the evening? Contact US Counselor,Sam Straub
Our Preschool Playdates offer an opportunity for children ages 2-5 and their parents to spend some time in one of our preschool classrooms and experience all that Severn has to offer young learners.
Our February 10 Playdate will follow a Valentine's Day theme, and will be held in Ms. Calhan's preschool classroom. The visiting children will have their choice of centers, including red and pink play-dough, a Valentine craft station, and heart patterning. We will end the play date with a snack and drink, both of which will be provided.
To join the fun, please RSVP to Vicki Dabrowka at email@example.com
|Lower School Open House|
|Freedom from Chemical Dependency Freshman-Parent Forum|
Register for event
Severn is pleased that FCD (Freedom from Chemical Dependency™) will return to our campus in February to work with our Middle and Upper School students. During FCD's time on campus, Severn will host an evening event for all freshman and at least one parent. Attendance at this event is mandatory, so please make sure this night is on your calendar now.
More information about FCD can be found on their website, www.fcd.org
. More information about this event and FCD's visit to Severn's campus will be posted inthe Binnacle
in the weeks to come. In the meantime, please contact US Counselor,Samantha Straub
, with any questions (x2242).
FCD (Freedom from Chemical Dependency™) is the leading international nonprofit provider of school-based substance abuse prevention services. For decades, FCD has worked worldwide to provide students and the adults who care for them with the knowledge, understanding and skills they need to make intelligent, healthy choices about alcohol, tobacco and other drug use.